iRadar Detection System
Featuring 360-degree radar and laser detection and two operating modes, the system warns you of upcoming snares with audible alerts. When paired with the iPhone using the exclusive Cobra iRadar app (free), you get alerts to speed and red-light cameras, known speed traps, and dangerous intersections--powered by Cobra's national AURA Camera and Driving Hazard Database.
- The Cobra iRadar detection system with iPhone mount
- Apple iOS exclusive
- Product number: iRAD 500
- Community-based radar detection
- Alerts you to speed traps, radar guns, and police presence
- 360° detection
- Works in tandem with your smartphone
- Automatically shares radar and laser alerts with other users in real time
- Report button for manual alerts
- Free access to AURA, Cobra’s verified database of speed and red-light cameras
- City/highway mode
- Follow-Me mode
- Navigational capabilities
- Real-time traffic information shown on map
- Zoom, pan, tilt, and rotate maps
- Macro view for a bigger picture of the road
- iPhone mount included with suction cups and velcro
- Dimensions: 1.15” (H) x 2.92” (W) x 4.22” (D)
- Weight: 5.01 oz. (142g)
- Length: 7.88 in. (200.1mm)
- Width: 5.93 in (150.6mm)
- Height: 1.50 in. (38.1mm)
- Full 14-Band protection from X-Band radar, K-Band radar, Ka-Band radar, POP mode, VG-2, all six laser types, and Safety Alert
- Built-in Bluetooth easily and quickly pairs with your iPhone or iPod touch
- Alerts sound through the speaker while visual alerts are shown on iPhone through the free Cobra iRadar app
- Get warnings about the presence or approach of emergency vehicles, railroad crossings, and road hazard locations equipped with Cobra's exclusive Safety Alert transmitters
- Gives iPhone users continuously updated access to Cobra's industry-leading verified data
Using advanced technology, the iRadar provides you with full 360-degree radar and laser detection. This means you'll be covered on all sides of your vehicle, without any gaps or blind spots. For every signal that it detects, the iRadar emits a clear alert tone, indicating the location and proximity of the threat.
City and Highway Modes Filter Out False Alerts
The iRadar features two different modes: city and highway. If you're driving in an urban area, you can toggle to city mode to filter out annoying false signals caused by automatic doorways. If you're traveling at high speeds, toggle to highway mode and get higher detection sensitivity and immediate alerts.
Exclusive iPhone App Unlocks Enhanced Features
When paired with an iPhone, the iRadar offers even better detection service. Using an exclusive, free-to-download iPhone app, you can wirelessly link your iRadar to your iPhone and enjoy enhanced features. The app provides you with a visual display of your alerts, telling you both the type of alert and its proximity to you. It also displays a history of your alerts on a map, allowing you to see the time and location of each detected signal.
The iRadar app also gives you access to AURA, Cobra's exclusive camera and driving hazard database. AURA uses GPS technology to warn you of photo-enforced areas as you approach them. The alerts are delivered based on your speed: The faster you are going, the more advanced the warning is. This gives you ample time to react and slow down. The database boasts tens of thousands of entries and is updated every 12 hours by Cobra's team.
The Cobra iRadar Detection System is backed by a limited one-year warranty.
Cobra iRAD 500 iRadar Detection System with iPhone Mount
Cruise the open road in comfort with this Cobra radar-detection system, which alerts you to speed traps, dangerous intersections, and giant gravy spills along your route. All known speed-measurement devices will be detected, not just in front of you, but on all sides of your vehicle.
The iRAD 500 works in conjunction with the Cobra iRadar app for iOS to connect fellow users. By creating a community, Cobra allows you to automatically share radar and laser alerts with other users in real time. This makes for ultra-timely and accurate updates to Cobra’s radar-detection capability.
Using the Report button, users can manually report photo-enforcement areas, accidents, and the presence of police.
Enhanced Detection Modes
False alerts are rampant in cities and on highways, but turning on city/highway mode cuts through the clutter by maximizing detection sensitivity. Follow-Me mode, on the other hand, presents you with a rotating map with automatic zoom that, depending on your speed, allows you to get a better view of what’s to come down the road.
There’s no need for a GPS with the iRAD 500, which will plot the best route to your destination if you plug in an address.
Cobra iRadar App
- Displays live radar and laser alerts from all iRadar users
- Alerts to speed & red light cameras, known speed traps, and dangerous intersections
- Allows sharing of live police and camera locations
- Draw route line to any destination with the Get Directions Tool
- Helps you avoid congested areas with Live Traffic information
- Shows your last known parking location on the map with the Car Finder Tool
- Detects all radar & laser guns
- Provides 360 degree detection
- Compatible with iOS devices
- Ever-Last BreakAway Adhesive Mount.
- Small and compact.
- Simple and quick installation.
- Can be used as a dash or window mount.
- Swivel and lock ball-n-socket joint for custom viewing.
- Full access to all device controls and ports.
- Easily removable for use from car to car. Works with most portable devices.
- Limit 4 per order
- Product Code: AA0ERB406